Rochester NY Eye Doctor - Allan Robbins, M.D. F.A.C.S.
|Dr. Allan Robbins|
Webster Office, Hornell Office, Brighton Surgery Center
Dr. Allan Robbins was born and raised in Northern New Jersey. He received his medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in NYC. After his internship in Internal Medicine, he completed his Ophthalmology residency at the New York College of Medicine/New York Eye and Ear.
- Board Certified in Ophthalmology
- Fellowship training in Cornea and External Disease at the University of Rochester
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Adjunct Clinical investigator for U.S. clinical trials for the YAG laser
- Scientific Advisory panel for Phoenix Laser
- Principal Investigator for the VISX laser during U.S. FDA Clinical trials
- Consultant to LaserSight for development of the first FDA-approved laser to utilize flying spot technology
Dr. Allan Robbins was one of the first surgeons in the country to be involved in the implantation of intraocular lenses for cataract surgery. Some of the innovations that he helped bring to Upstate New York include:
- Foldable intraocular lenses and “no-stitch” cataract surgery
- Radial Keratotomy (RK)
- Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
- Corneal Ring Segments (Intacs)
- Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
- Z-LASIK bladeless all laser LASIK
Dr. Robbins’ hobbies include digital photography and Vintage sports car racing. When Dr. Robbins is not seated behind his laser, he can sometimes be found at Watkins Glen strapped behind the wheel of his racecar.